Cheddar and Chive Biscuits
Cheddar and Chive Biscuits make a great brunch side or a unique savory addition to a dinner breadbasket.
Recipe CreditsChef Deb Paquette
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375˚F .
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne.
- Cut the shortening and butter into the flour mix. Do not overwork; leave the butter and shortening in small pieces.
- Add chives and cheese and toss to blend.
- Add cream: stir just until mixture comes together. Do not overmix.
- Using 2 spoons, drop 8 even portions of dough on a baking sheet, spaced 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Serve with sea-salt butter and maple syrup, if desired.