Yucca-Crusted Red Snapper
Impress your dinner guests with this gourmet entree.
Recipe CreditsDewey LoSasso
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
- Black Bean Broth
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cold
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Red Snapper Filets
- 4 red snapper filets (6 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 fresh yucca root, peeled
- corn oil for frying filets
Black Bean Broth
- Combine chicken broth, black beans, roasted garlic and thyme sprigs in a heavy sauce pan and stir to blend. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes or until broth is reduced.
- Add lime juice and stir to blend; slowly add chilled butter and whisk over low heat until blended.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper; reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange red snapper filets in baking dish, coat evenly on both sides with olive oil and chives.
- Pat grated yucca root evenly over top side of filets.
- Heat corn oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Working in small batches, add 2 filets to pan, yucca side down. Reduce heat to medium and brown for 2 to 3 minutes or until yucca is crisp and golden brown. Turn with a spatula and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer browned filets to sheet pan and repeat with remaining filets.
- Finish cooking filets in hot oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
- To serve: divide bean broth evenly among 4 shallow bowls; top each with 1 yucca crusted snapper filet.