Summer Pea Soup
Light refreshing soup, perfect for Spring or Summer!
Recipe CreditsChef Billy Parisi
|Prep time: 20 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 35 minutes|
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 diced leek
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Butter unsalted + 2 ounces
- 1 1/2 bags of frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add in the butter and melt. Once melted add in the onion, leek and garlic to caramelize.
- When the vegetables are brown, add in the stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, using a hand blender, or adding the mixture to a blender, pulse until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Once it is smooth, finish with 2 ounces of unsalted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a small amount of pork confit, crème fraiche, and chopped chives.