Stuffed Shrimp with Garlic Butter
A light, fresh shrimp dish with a delicious Plugrá Butter garlic sauce.
Recipe CreditsSmith & Wollensky
|Prep time: 1 hour|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
- Garlic Butter
- 1 cup Butter unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 each lemon, fresh
- 1 pound butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 tablespoon roasted garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- kosher salt and coarse ground pepper, to taste
- Crab Stuffing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, minced
- kosher salt and coarse ground pepper, as needed
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, drained, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 12 jumbo raw shrimp, 6-8 count, peeled and deveined, tail on
- breadcrumbs, as needed
- 12 lemon slices
- parsley, fresh, chopped, as needed
- Zest and juice one lemon.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine softened Plugrá Butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted garlic paste, parsley, salt and black pepper in bowl; mix until fully blended.
- Transfer garlic butter to plastic wrap; form into a log shape and chill.
- Combine mayonnaise, egg, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, cayenne pepper and chives in bowl; mix until fully blended. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Gently fold in the crab and mix until lightly blended, taking care not to break up lumps of crabmeat.
- Cover and chill until mixture is firm.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make a small slit on the inside of each shrimp. Flip over and split open the backside of each shrimp, forming a pocket for stuffing, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Form chilled crab stuffing into balls; stuff evenly into each shrimp. Sprinkle bread crumbs lightly over stuffed shrimp. Cover and chill to hold.
- To prepare each serving: melt 4 tablespoons garlic butter on a small baking dish or in a shallow cast iron skillet; arrange 3 shrimp, stuffed sides up, in skillet and bake in oven for 7 to 8 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop.Add 3 lemon slices and additional garlic butter, as needed. Sauté briefly to caramelize lemons. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining stuffed shrimp.
- Serve stuffed shrimp in garlic butter sauce garnished with caramelized lemons and chopped parsley.
- Shop for peeled and deveined shrimp with the tails on and canned crab meat.
- Homemade roasted garlic is ideal for this recipe. Start by butting the tops off six bulbs of garlic. Top each with a bit of butter and roast in the oven at 350º for 30 minutes. Once they cool, simply squeeze to release the wonderfully roasted garlic.
View All Recipes