Roasted Escargots, Butter, Oregano, Parsley
Roasted Escargots, Butter, Oregano, Parsley as an appetizer or entree is a wonderful choice to serve on May 24th - National Escargot Day! Serve with a toasted baguette or other bread to dip in the luxurious butter parsley sauce.
Recipe CreditsColby Garrelts
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
|Total time: 35 minutes|
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 8 ounces Butter, unsalted, slightly chilled and cut into 1-tablesppon pieces
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound snails
- juice of 2 lemons
- Toasted bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the wine, garlic, and shallots to a simmer. Whisk in the Plugrá Butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until thick. Stir the oregano, parsley, and chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line four 8-ounce ramekins with a single layer of snails. Pour enough whipped butter over each to cover the snails (about ¼ cup per ramekin).
- Set the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until the snails are warmed through and the butter is bubbling.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon into each ramekin. Serve hot with toast.