Old fashioned Madeleines from Chef Dominique Tougne at Chez Moi, Chicago.
Recipe CreditsChef Dominique Tougne
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 10 minutes|
|Total time: 25 minutes|
- Madeleines mold, metal, if possible
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon yeast plus 1/2 tsp
- 1 lemon, for zest
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- In a pastry bowl, combine whole eggs and sugar until the mix turns white and sugar is completely mixed with the eggs.
- Add the flour, salt, and yeast with a spatula. Add zest of one lemon.
- Add melted Plugrá® European-Style Butter.
- Cover the madeleine molds with melted butter, dust with flour to coat. Remove all the extra flour.
- With a pastry bag or a spoon fill up each madeleine space on the tray 3/4 full.
- Let it rest for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- During this time pre-heat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Bake madeleines for 8 minutes.
- For better results let the dough rest for 2 hours before you put in molds for baking.
- If you need to use the same mold more than once, let it cool down completely before you fill again.
- Let the madeleines cool down for 2 hours before eating. Store them in a dry place such as in a metal box.
View All Recipes