Herb Roasted Turkey Breasts
The perfect recipe for a moist, mouthwatering turkey.
|Author: What's Cookin, Chicago?|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 4 hours|
|Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes|
- 2 8 pound turkey breasts, fresh or defrosted
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325°F . Have your roaster and rack ready.
- Prepare your turkey by rinsing and patting dry. Place turkey portions breast-side up on roaster rack. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the softened butter and 1 tablespoon of each spice and herbs, mixing well. Using your hands, tuck in between the skin and flesh of the turkey breasts all around.
- In the same bowl, combine the melted butter, vegetable oil and remaining tablespoon of thyme, mixing well. Using a pastry brush, paint the outside of each turkey breast with the mixture.
- Transfer turkey breasts into the preheated oven and roast uncovered for 4 hours to 4 hours 15 minutes, or as directed on your the packaging for your size bird.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving