Grilled Asparagus with Sorrel Hollandaise
This preparation gets an unexpected zing from adding sorrel to the traditional hollandaise sauce.
Recipe CreditsChef Amy Eubanks
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- Sorrel Hollandaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 ounces Butter, unsalted, clarified
- 1 lemon, fresh, juiced
- 1/4 cup French sorrel puree See below
- French Sorrel Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon sorrel, fresh, julienne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Asparagus and Garnish
- 12 asparagus spears, blanched
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinaigrette
- 6 prosciutto slices, baked at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until crisp
- Whisk the egg yolks and water in a medium-sized mixing bowl.Place the bowl over a medium-sized sauce pan of simmering water. Whisk the eggs continuously until they are light and fluffy.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and continue to whisk the eggs to thicken. When the eggs ribbon, slowly drizzle in the clarified Plugrá Butter, whisking continuously.
- Finish the hollandaise with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and sorrel puree and whisk to blend; season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Grill the asparagus spears over medium-high heat and place on a serving platter; drizzle the white balsamic vinaigrette over the top.
- Spoon the sorrel hollandaise over the asparagus and garnish with prosciutto chips, sautéed onions and fresh sorrel.