Georgetown Cupcake Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Infused Frosting
Cupcakes are the perfect dessert during the holidays. Try these delicious Gingerbread cupcakes to create that special holiday treat that your guests are sure to enjoy. Serve with chocolate martinis and a cinnamon stick for garnish.
|Author: Georgetown Cupcake, Katherine Kallinis Berman and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne|
|Prep time: 25 minutes|
|Cooking time: 18 minutes|
|Total time: 43 minutes|
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- Cinnamon-Infused Frosting
- 4 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Gingerbread Men Garnish
- 1 cup brown fondant
- 24 red candy balls
- 1 mini gingerbread man cookie cutter
For the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard cupcake pan with twelve paper baking cups, or grease the pan with butter if not using baking cups.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, except for the brown sugar in a bowl, and set aside.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld electric mixer on high speed, 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly after each addition. Add the molasses, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add one third of the dry ingredients and one third of the water and mix thoroughly. Repeat. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the last third of the dry ingredients and one third of the water, and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake pan using a standard-size ice-cream scoop.
- Bake at 350ºF for 16 to 18 minutes (start checking at 15 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld electric mixer, mix all the ingredients for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, until the frosting is light and airy.
- Using a large round metal piping tip, frost each cupcake with Georgetown Cupcake’s signature swirl.
- Using a rolling pin, roll brown fondant out to the thickness of ¼ inch.
- Cut out gingerbread men using a gingerbread man-shaped mini cookie cutter.
- Gently press in the red candy balls, one above another, on the gingerbread man’s tummy.
- Place each gingerbread man on each cupcake.