Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
This recipe was passed down from Chef Alexandra’s mother and is a delightful twist on classic Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cheesecake. By combining two favorite desserts it creates a delicious treat the entire family will love.
Recipe CreditsChef Alexandra Barletta, Smith and Wollensky, Boston, MA
- 14 ounces butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups your favorite chocolate chips
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cheesecake Filling
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine Plugrá Butter, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar and white sugar; cream together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; slowly add to creamed mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Reserve.
- In mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine cream cheese and sugar until completely blended; beat in eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter a 13-inch x 18-inch x 1-inch baking pan or jelly roll pan.
- Set aside half of the cookie dough; press remaining dough evenly into sheet pan.
- Spread cheesecake filling evenly over dough; using your hands, flatten scoops of remaining cookie dough and place randomly over cheesecake filling.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Chill thoroughly. Cut into 24, 2-inch x 4-inch bars.