Butternut Squash Soup
This soup will become your go-to winter favorite. Sweet and flavorful, it's also very heart-healthy as the squash is full of Vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, potassium, zinc, calcium and more. You won't know you're eating so healthy!
Recipe CreditsChef Dominique Tougne
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour|
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 shallots, fresh, peeled, fine diced
- 7 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced About 2 pounds of squash
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- Water, as needed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces Butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat 3 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter in a heavy sauce pot; add shallots and butternut squash.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently until shallots are light golden brown. Add 1 pinch each: cloves, cumin and coriander to butternut squash and toss to blend.
- Add water (about 4 cups) to just cover butternut squash; cover with lid and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove half of the remaining cooking water and reserve.
- With an immersion blender or hand mixer, puree the butternut squash over low heat until completely smooth. Add cream and mix to blend. Add reserved cooking water, as needed to adjust thickness of soup.
- Slowly add Plugrá® European-Style Butter to soup, piece by piece, and stir until completely blended and soup has a creamy consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper; adjust seasonings.
- To serve, ladle soup into shallow bowls; garnish each with ground cinnamon, if desired.