Beef Barbacoa and Tuile Cups
Recipe CreditsBilly Parisi
|Prep time: 25 minutes|
|Cooking time: 8 hours|
|Total time: 8 hours 25 minutes|
- Beef Barbacoa
- 2 pounds beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 28 ounce can plum tomatoes in juice
- Tuile Cups
- 9 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 5 ounces butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- cilantro leaves
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker on low heat and cool for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours use large forks to break apart the barbacoa beef.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg whites and sugar until combined.
- Add in the butter and whisk until combined; add in the flour little by little and whisk until combined.
- Rest the batter for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once rested place a small amount of batter on a sheet pan lined with a silicon baking mat and push the better in a circular motion, spreading it out as far as possible until it forms a thin circle.
- Repeat with remaining batter to get 16 circles.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- After cooking, remove them immediately from the silicon pad and form into a cone shape using a molded aluminum foil cone. Cool until firm.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the barbacoa in a cooled tuile cup and garnish with a small amount of sour cream and cilantro leaves.