|Author||Chef Jacquy Pfeiffer|
3 hours, 15 minutes
Traditional Christmas Sables from Chef Jacquy Pfeiffer of The French Pastry School.
1. Sift the flour, almond powder, cinnamon powder, sea salt and reserve.
2. Place the Plugrá® Butter, vanilla and the sugar in mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg and mix for another 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until they just come together. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat again just until the dough is mixed.
4. Scrape out of the mixer onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Divide into two equal pieces; press each one gently until it is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Wrap airtight and refrigerate for at least two hours and preferably overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 325°F / 170°C.
6. Line baking sheets with parchment. Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Cut each piece of refrigerated dough in half and roll out one piece at a time. Take the piece you are going to roll out from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Roll out to 3/16th of an inch. Cut into shapes with the cookie cutter and place on the sheet pans.
7. To create egg wash, combine egg and water in small bowl; whisk to blend. Brush the tops of the cookies lightly with egg wash. Let sit for 10 minutes and apply a second thin layer of egg wash.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, reversing the pans front to back halfway through, until golden brown throughout.