White Wine Miso Butter with Salmon
Enjoy a white wine miso flavored butter atop a grilled salmon filet. Simple, flavorful, gourmet dish!
|Author: Executive Chef Mary Pagan, Culinary Center of Monterey|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter, salted, softened
- 1 teaspoon Miso paste
- 4 salmon fillets or steaks
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, wine and shallots. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmering. Cook until almost dry.
- Allow to cool, then place butter, miso, and shallot mixture in a mixer. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Roll into a log in parchment or wax paper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill salmon to desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and top with slices of White Wine Miso Butter.
- Allow butter to melt over fish and garnish with chives.