Warm Fava Bean-Finochio Salad
The perfect combination of vegetables come together to create a simple, tasty salad. Enjoy!
|Author: Chef Michael Giletto|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
- 1/2 cup fava beans, blanced salted water
- 1/2 cup English peas, blanched in salted water
- 1/4 cup cranberry beans, blanched in salted water
- 1/4 tablespoon Clarified Butter
- 6 stalks baby white asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shaved fennel (finocchio)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Place the fava beans, English peas and cranberry beans into the boiling water and blanch for 30 minutes or until tender. Once the beans are tender, shock them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Place a medium sauté pan over high heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, place clarified butter in the sauté pan. The butter will begin to get some color and start to brown. Add the garlic and sweat out all the natural garlic flavors.
- Once the garlic has sweat, lower the flame to low and add the beans to the pan and sauté until tender for approximately 7 minutes. Then add the asparagus and sauté for another 2-3 minutes or until the asparagus is tender. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Place the cooked bean mixture in a medium mixing bowl and add the finnochio. Add some vinaigrette to your salad gradually, taking care not to overdress the salad.
- Gently toss and serve.