Warm Chocolate Cake
Warm Chocolate Cake, made with bittersweet chocolate, sugar, and creamy Plugrá butter, is a velvety cake filled with a rich, liquid center.
|Author: Chef Robert Bennett|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 10 minutes|
|Total time: 25 minutes|
- 5 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (do not use chocolate morsels)
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 10 tablespoons flour, measure then sift
- Whip the eggs and the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and butter until just warm.
- Incorporate the egg/sugar mixture into the chocolate/butter mixture until combined.
- Mix in the sifted flour.
- Butter and flour individual 4-ounce ceramic custard or souffle dishes. Fill to 2/3 full. Bake in a convection oven at 375°F for approximately 7 minutes or in a conventional oven at 425°F for 8 to 11 minutes.
- Un-mold cakes upon removing from the oven.
- Serve immediately with fresh raspberries. The center of the cake will be liquid when cut and it will create its own chocolate sauce.
NotesChef's Note: Unused batter can be frozen for up to 3 weeks.
View All Recipes