Vegetable Ragout in Mustard Beurre Blanc
Vegetable Ragout in Mustard Beurre Blanc is the prefect colorful side dish for any special dinner.
|Author: Chef Dominique Tougne|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- Vegetable Pre-Prep
- 4 large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 fingerling potatoes, cleaned
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mustard Beurre Blanc
- 1/4 cup fine chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 5 ounces Butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Vegetable Assembly and Garnish
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small to medium oyster mushrooms
- 4 roasted red bell pepper strips, 2” x 3” each, seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs, to taste
- Fine chopped sundried tomato, to taste
- Peel asparagus spears and blanch in boiling salty water; refresh in ice water and drain.
- Cook potato in salty water until fork tender; drain.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice the asparagus in 3 equal pieces. Set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling salty water until tender-crisp, refresh in ice water and drain.
- In a small heavy saucepan, sauté shallots in olive oil over medium-low heat for 1 to 2 minutes; add white wine, vinegar and bay leaf. Simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Using an immersion blender or whisk, slowly add the Plugrá European-Style Butter piece by piece to shallot mixture and mix over medium heat until completely blended. The sauce should have a creamy aspect and coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the mustard and blend until mixture is emulsified; season salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, bring the olive oil to a smoking point, add the diced onion and oyster mushrooms; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the asparagus, potatoes, cauliflower and roasted red pepper and cook over medium heat until potatoes are golden. Reduce heat; add garlic and sauté over low heat for 1 minute. Season to taste with parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Display the vegetables on a plate or serving platter.
- Spoon the mustard beurre blanc over vegetables.
- Garnish vegetables with sundried tomato and fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme.