Torta al Cioccolato
This chocolate torte, made with rich, creamy Plugrá butter, is perfect served with your favorite gelato or fresh whipped cream.
|Author: Chef Chef Luke Palladino|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 1 cup Butter
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie. Remove from heat when completely melted and smooth.
- Beat eggs and 1/3 cup sugar to thick ribbons.
- Heat remaining sugar and enough water to moisten over low heat until clear. Pour hot syrup into chocolate, combine and cool ten minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture to eggs, beating at medium speed a little at a time until just incorporated. Pour into flexi molds or disposable aluminum molds. Place molds into a roasting pan and cook in a hot water bath at 300°F for approximately 25 minutes or until they set in the center.
- Let cool completely before turning tortes out of molds.
- Once turned out of molds, let tortes sit one hour at room temperature before serving.
- Place on a cool plate. Garnish with your favorite gelato or freshly whipped cream.