Sweetheart Celebration Scallops
Made with rich Plugrá Butter, dry white wine, Monterey Jack and Romano cheeses.
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add scallops; sauté 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer scallops to large bowl.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté 3 minutes. Add to bowl with scallops.
- Add 1/4 cup butter to skillet; melt and whisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in broth, wine, and cream. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Gradually stir in cheeses and pepper. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Gently fold in artichokes and mushroom/scallop mixture. Spoon into a 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- In bowl, combine 1/4 cup melted butter with bread crumbs. Spoon over scallop mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 15 minutes.