Sticky Toffee Pudding
This warm holiday treat is a delicious way to end any festive meal. Top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve with a hot cappuccino sprinkled with nutmeg.
|Author: Chef Brian Kevorkian|
|Prep time: 20 minutes|
|Cooking time: 35 minutes|
|Total time: 55 minutes|
- 8 ounces chopped dates
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda plus ½ tsp.
- 8 ounces butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces Butter unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine dates, water and baking soda.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. (Mixture can be frozen up to 1 month or refrigerated until ready to use.)
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine Plugrá Butter and sugar; cream together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the date mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until wooden toothpick or skewer in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until candy thermometer reaches 230°F. Remove from heat.
- Add Plugrá Butter and whisk until fully blended.
- Slice pudding into 8 to 12 servings.
- Heat each serving in microwave briefly, as needed, to warm pudding.
- Pour warm sauce over each serving.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.