Steamed Mussels with Wine and Herbs
Steamed Mussels with Wine and Herbs offers a unique blend of fresh seasonings, juicy plum tomatoes, and rich Plugrá Butter.
|Author: Chef Jim Coleman|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- Bring all ingredients except the mussels to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the mussels and reduce the heat until the mixture just simmers. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Serve in wide, deep bowl with sauce poured over the mussels.
NotesRecipe from "Flavors of America" by Chef Jim Coleman and Candace Hagan with Greg Slonaker in association with the Rittenhouse Hotel, Philadelphia PA.
View All Recipes