Seared Tuna on Blini with Umami Sauce
Tuna flavored with an umami sauce full of indescribable flavor rest atop delicate, buttery, crepe-like thin pancakes. Yum!
|Author: Billy Parisi|
- 2 8 ounce fillets of fresh Ahi tuna
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Umami Sauce http://plugra.com/recipes/umami-sauce
- Blinis http://plugra.com/recipes/blini-recipe
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Season the tuna on all sides with salt and pepper and coat on all sides with the sesame seeds.
- In a hot large sauté pan on high heat add sesame oil. Sear the tuna on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Brown the tuna on the outside but make sure that it is a rare internal temperature. Once cooked, slice the tuna very thin.
- To Plate: Place 1 slice of tuna on 1 blini and drizzle on a small amount of the umami sauce and top off with diced tomatoes and sliced green onions.