Samoa Lofthouse Cookie Bars
The perfect combination of the three C's: coconut, chocolate and caramel.
|Author: Culinary Concoctions|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
|Total time: 20 minutes|
- Cookie Bars
- 2 cups whiskey caramel sauce
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate Glaze
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer on low, add in dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Fold toasted coconut into the batter.
- Press dough evenly into the prepared pan. (dough will be sticky)
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the bars.
- Let the caramel set up before you start to make the chocolate glaze. You can put it in the fridge to help it set up quicker.
- Place chocolate chips in a small stainless steel bowl over a pot of hot(not boiling)water.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and skim off the white foam that rises to the top.
- When chocolate is just melted, stir in the clarified butter (discard the white solids left behind). Set aside until chocolate is 86°F.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel portion of the bars.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the coconut over the chocolate.