Salted Caramel is currently one of the hottest dessert flavors. Now you can make your own!
|Author: Nicole Kaplan|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cream
- 1/2 cup glucose or light corn syrup
- 1 1/3 tablespoons jivara lactee chocolate or bittersweet dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup Butter unsalted
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar caramelizes into a dark caramel color.
- Once the sugar turns into a caramelized state de-glaze with the cream and glucose until fluid again and bring this mixture to 220°F.
- Remove from heat and allow the temperature of the mixture to drop to approximately 175°F.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the chocolate to the caramel mixture.
- Let the caramel mixture cool down to approximately 95°F and then mix in the butter and vanilla bean with an immersion blender.
- Place the caramel mixture in the refrigerator to cool or you can prepare this mixture the day before to allow time to cool to room temperature.
- Pour caramel mixture onto a sheet pan and spread out with a spatula.
- Freeze approximately 2 hours or until the caramel has set. Break or cut in to pieces to serve.