Pecan-Chocolate Chip Shortbread with Bourbon Glaze
A delicious dessert for any occasion.
|Author: Culinary Concoctions|
|Cooking time: 25 minutes|
|Total time: 25 minutes|
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup potato starch flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together sugar, butter and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy.
- Add flours and salt and combine until mixture just starts to come together. (The dough should be crumbly but stick together when squeezed.)
- Add in the chocolate chips and pecans. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Line a 9-x-13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with baking spray. Place dough into the pan and break up any large clumps.
- Press dough down gently, then with a rolling pin or drinking glass, roll out the dough evenly.
- Using a fork press indentations into the top of the shortbread. (This prevents the shortbread from rising unevenly.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until shortbread is golden brown.
- While shortbread is cooling, mix together the powdered sugar and bourbon. Drizzle over the shortbread.
- Cut into 2-inch squares while still warm and remove cookies from pan to cool.