Pasta alla Carbonara
Pasta alla Carbonara is a rich, creamy pasta dish from the area around Rome, Italy.
|Author: Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jr.|
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
|Total time: 50 minutes|
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain with a colander. Do not rinse the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, beat the egg yolks with the sherry and some pepper in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the Plugrá® European-Style in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and pancetta and sauté for about 4 minutes to render the fat and crisp the pancetta.
- Immediately transfer the pasta to the sauté pan, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the egg yolk mixture. Add the parmigiano-reggiano and toss to coat the pasta.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately.