Osso Buco Milanese
Osso Buco Milanese is a classic Italian veal preparation traditionally served with a creamy, buttery risotto.
|Author: Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jr.|
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes|
|Total time: 3 hours|
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 pounds veal shanks, cut 3 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8-10 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stocks, coarsely chopped
- 750 milliliter bottle of Chianti (1)
- 28 ounces San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand (1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Melt the Plugrá Butter in a large skillet over high heat. Sear the veal shanks on each side, 2-3 minutes. Add brandy and season with salt.
- Toss the onions, carrots and celery in a large roasting pan. Add the veal shanks, wine, crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes and rosemary then stir.
- Roast for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes. Serve at once.
NotesTry this dish with another Plugra recipe, Risotto with Wild Mushrooms.
View All Recipes