Mascarpone-Stuffed Challah French Toast
Tantalize the senses with a sweet, creamy take on French Toast.
|Author: 3rd Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices Challah bread, day old, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted, divided
- 1/2 cup marscapone cheese, softened
- 4 slices orange, for garnish
- Stir eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture.
- Place a large griddle over medium-high heat and melt 1½ teaspoons of Plugrá Butter on griddle and spread on surface.
- Place 4 pieces of French toast on hot griddle, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is golden and done.
- Repeat process with remaining 1½ teaspoons of Plugrá Butter and 4 pieces of bread.
- Spread mascarpone cheese on 4 slices of French toast and top mascarpone with remaining 4 slices of French toast.
- Top with ½ cup prepared Banana Pecan Butter Sauce.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired.