Lemon Bar Cookies
The perfect spring time treat.
|Author: The Seaside Baker|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 14 minutes|
|Total time: 29 minutes|
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup instant lemon pudding mix (powder)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Powdered sugar for dusting the baked cookies
- In a bowl combine flour, lemon pudding mix, baking powder and salt. Mix together with a whisk. Set aside.
- Using your electric mixer or beaters, beat together cream cheese, butter, sugar and zest.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture, beating on slow until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1-inch rounds of dough and roll each in a bowl of powdered sugar to coat.
- Place on cookie sheet leaving 2 inches between each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are just barely browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes then cool completely on cooling rack.