Koulourakia (Greek Butter Cookies)
Made with vanilla, sugar, creamy Plugrá butter, and Greek Conjac, these butter cookies are simply delicious!
|Author: Chef George Kyrtatas|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups Butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Metaxa (Greek Cognac)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar. Once creamed, slowly add eggs, Metaxa and vanilla while continuing to mix.
- Slowly add baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Blend just until the dough comes together.
- Remove dough from the bowl and knead with hands for a few minutes or until no longer sticky.
- Form dough into desired cookie shapes and place on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush cookies with beaten egg and bake approximately 30 minutes or until cookies are golden color.