Guava Herb Butter Sauce
|Author: Chef Dewey LoSasso|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white wine
- 6 ounces guava juice
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cold, cubed
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Combine the shallots, wine, and juice in a nonreactive saucepan over high heat and reduce to 6 tablespoons.
- Add the cream to the reduction. Once the liquid bubbles, reduce the heat to low.
- Add the butter, one cube at a time, whisking first on the heat and then off the heat.
- Continue whisking butter into the reduction until the mixture is fully emulsified and has reached a rich sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.