GF Brioche Breakfast Rolls
Light and fluffy, these rolls are a scrumptious way to start anyone's day.
|Author: What's Cookin, Chicago?|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 3/4 cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated yeast
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 cups honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Whisk together the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, cornstarch, yeast, salt, and xanthan gum in a 5 qt mixing bowl.
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl, and gradually mix them into the dry using the paddle attachment on the mixer until there are no dry bits of flour.
- Cover and allow the dough to rest for 2 hours. The dough can be used now or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- On baking day, preheat your oven to 2000F for 10 minutes. Turn off oven.
- While oven is preheating, break a 1.5 lb piece of dough and with wet your hands, shape dough into a 18 by 12 inch rectangle. Note that the dough will be sticky. Brush the top of the dough with melted butter, leaving 1/2 border along the top edge.
- Combine the remaining filling ingredients in a bowl and gently press the filling into the dough. Beginning with the long edge nearest you, roll the dough into a tight cylinder. Firmly pinch the seam to seal and roll the cylinder seam side down.
- Squeeze the cylinder to create an even thickness throughout. Using a serrated knife, slice the filled cylinder into 1 1/2 inch rolls - you should yield about 12 rolls.
- Arrange the rolls cut-side down in a baking dish, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for one hour in the warmed oven.
- Once the rolls have puffed up, remove from oven and preheat the oven to 3500F.
- Place the rolls on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. The internal temperature should be 1900F to ensure the rolls are done.
- Remove the rolls and cool slightly in the pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and milk until mixture is creamed. Sift in powdered sugar and continue whipping until smooth.
- Spread over the warm rolls and serve immediately.