Easy Puff Pastry
This Puff Pastry, made with rich, creamy Plugrá butter is easy to make and will taste delicious.
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes|
- 1 pound flour
- 12 ounces Butter
- 1/4 ounce salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Place 14-1/2 ounces of the flour in a bowl and rub in 1-1/2 ounces of the butter very finely.
- Dissolve salt in water and gently stir into mixture to form a soft dough, adding more water if necessary.
- Refrigerate while preparing butter.
- Place remaining 1-1/2 ounces of flour on work surface and place remaining butter on it. Pound butter into flour to soften and squeeze together 2 or 3 times to mix. Shape butter mixture into a 5" square.
- Place dough on floured surface and pat into a square, 1/2" thick.
- Roll 4 corners thinly, place butter on dough and wrap corners around butter to form a package. Roll package of dough and butter 1/4" thick to form a long, narrow rectangle.
- Fold both ends in toward middle, then fold over again to make four layers.
- Position package with fold on left, roll and fold again. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, position dough on floured surface with fold on left and roll and fold twice more. Wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Roll dough 3/16" thick and cut into 3" disks.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 20 minutes.