Want your mashed potatoes to be a touch more fancy?
|Author: The Food Channel|
|Prep time: 10 minutes|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 40 minutes|
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted cut into ¼-inch cubes and softened
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk, light beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a large pot with cold water, add salt and bring it to a rolling boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and boil until tender.
- While the potatoes are still hot add cream, 3 tablespoons butter, eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and baking powder. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Gently fold in the remaining butter until pieces are evenly distributed.
- Transfer potato mixture to piping bag fitted with ½-inch star tip (you can use a gallon size baggie with snipped off corner) and pipe eight 4-inch wide mounds of potatoes on baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the potatoes lightly with butter flavored cooking spray and bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.