Creamy Calvados Butter Sauce
Bring the taste of apples and fall to any dessert that you top with this Creamy Calvados Butter Sauce.
|Author: 3rd Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 12 tablespoons Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Calvados
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine butter and heavy cream. Stir occasionally until the butter is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and maple syrup. Continue to cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in Calvados and salt. Reduce heat to lowest setting to keep sauce warm until ready to serve.