Cranberry Sour Cream Muffins
The perfect cool weather muffin and ultimate shareable treat.
|Author: Bakes In Slippers|
|Prep time: 20 minutes|
|Cooking time: 25 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, cut into fourths
- 8 ounces sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or substitute 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 3500 F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In stand mixer on low speed stir flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add butter and mix until dough forms small crumbles, about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk sour cream, milk, sugar and egg.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture and mix on low speed just to combine.
- Fold in cranberries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix pecans, brown sugar, 2 T sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Spoon batter halfway in each muffin liner, add pecan brown sugar topping and top with more batter.
- Add remaining pecan brown sugar topping to the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and serve or store at room temp in a food safe container for 3 days.
NotesFinished muffins can be kept at .
View All Recipes