Citrus Saffron Flavored Butter
The addition of saffron gives the finished butter mixture a luminous yellow-orange color.
|Author: Tested by the Plugra Culinary Institute|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron treads
- 1 pound butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and saffron to a boil; simmer for about 7-10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Whip butter until smooth and light. Add orange juice reduction and all other ingredients to butter and mix until well combined.
- Shape into log using parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours), slice into thin rounds as needed or transfer to plastic wrap to store.