Cinnamon Sugar-Eggnog Cake with Bourbon Glaze
Want to indulge in something sweet? Try the Cinnamon Sugar-Eggnog Cake with Bourbon Glaze.
|Author: Culinary Concoctions|
|Prep time: 20 minutes|
|Cooking time: 55 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog either spiked or not, your choice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg can add more depending on personal preference
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons bourbon depending on how thin you want your glaze
- Preheat oven to 330F.
- Spray baking spray a 13x4-inch baking loaf pan (you can use 8x8 as well).
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the eggnog, sour cream, vanilla extract, and eggs and whisk until fully combined.
- In another bowl add flour, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, then wet, until you finish with dry. Mix on low until fully combined. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Pour 1/3 of the cake batter into the pan. Then sprinkle with 4 tbsp of cinnamon sugar. Then 1/3 batter and 4 tbsp cinnamon sugar. Top with remaining batter. Using a knife swirl the cinnamon sugar to incorporate in batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. Check by using a wooden skewer or knife to see if it comes out clean. If you are using an 8x8 pan your cooking time will probably be less.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- In a small bowl add powdered sugar and bourbon.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cooled cake.