Schnecken is German for "snails" and these rolled-up, chocolate-filled pastries look just like them.
|Author: Bredenbeck's Bakery of Philadelphia, PA|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 15 minutes|
- 1 3/4 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup Butter
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the flour, confectioners sugar, salt and vanilla until soft dough forms.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/4" thick sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar and 2 cups chocolate chips together and sprinkle over dough.
- Cut the dough into strips 3" wide and make several cuts across each strip to form small equal-sided triangles.
- Roll the dough triangles from base to tip (like a croissant) and place on ungreased cookie sheet 1" apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over tops of cookies.