Chocolate Sable are French cookies that can be used as a base for filling, much like a pie crust.
|Author: Chef Nicole Kaplan|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 45 minutes|
- 14 tablespoon Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat a conventional oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and ½ cup of sugar. Add the egg and the egg yolk one at a time until incorporated well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture a little bit at a time until all the dry ingredients are mixed in well.
- Spread the mixture out into a sheet pan about ½ inch thick. Place in preheated oven and blind bake approximately 10 minutes.