Chocolate Oatmeal Scotchie Bars
Curb that chocolate craving with Chocolate Oatmeal Scotchie Bars.
|Author: Culinary Concoctions|
|Prep time: 5 minutes|
|Cooking time: 35 minutes|
|Total time: 40 minutes|
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 10-x-10-inch pan with baking spray.
- Using a stand mixer, cream togtether the butter and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time and scrape down bowl after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat another 30 seconds on medium-high.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with the mixer on low speed, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Pour into pan and spread batter evenly with a spatula (if it sticks, spray the spatula with baking spray).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until outer edges are brown and you can stick a wooden skewer in the middle and it comes out clean.
NotesYou can use a 9-x-13 pan but you will need to bake them less as they will be thinner.
View All Recipes