|Author: Daniel Pino|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 10 minutes|
|Total time: 25 minutes|
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup sugar + 2 tablespoon sugar
- 10 egg whites (separate in 2 bowls, 5 in each)
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine almond flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 5 egg whites and all 10 egg yolks. Whip until thick and pale (to a ribbon-like consistency).
- Combine remaining 5 egg whites and 2 tablespoons sugar and warm over a hot water bath. Whip to a meringue.
- Fold meringue into mixture from step 1.
- Fold sifted cocoa powder into mixture from step 3.
- Spread into ½ sheet pan that has been sprayed and lined with parchment paper (baking paper).
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes.