Chili Rubbed Shrimp and Corn Fettuccine
Chili Rubbed Shrimp & Corn Fettuccine
|Author: 3rd Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour|
- 1 poblano pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh
- 4 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup black beans, canned, rinsed, drained, warmed
- Heat broiler. Cut poblano pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Flatten with palm of hand and place on a foiled-lined broiler pan, skin sides up.
- Broil until blackened all over, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place in a plastic bag a few minutes to steam, then remove blackened skin.
- Coarsely chop peppers and place in a small bowl.
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions for al dente texture. Drain, do not rinse, and return to pot.
- Pour tequila-lime butter sauce over fettuccine and keep warm.
- While fettuccine is cooking, sauté corn in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet until toasted and beginning to caramelize, about 3 to 4 minutes; add to poblanos.
- Combine chili powder, salt and cayenne and toss with shrimp.
- Melt remaining butter and cook shrimp until firm and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp, black beans, poblano and corn mixture to fettuccine and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
NotesClick here for Tequila-Lime Butter Sauce recipe.
View All Recipes