Chicken Soufflé Roll with Cilantro Cream Sauce
Chicken Soufflé Roll with Cilantro Cream Sauce is memorable for the piquant Tex-Mex flavors present by the addition of a tangy cilantro cream sauce.
|Author: 1st Annual Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest|
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 45 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted, plus extra to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for flouring pan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 5 large eggs
- Chicken Salad Filling
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 seeded, chopped Serrano pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 7 ounces tomatillo salsa
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup half and half
1. Grease a 12x17 sheet pan with Plugrá Butter, line with parchment paper, and butter again. Dust lightly with flour.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter over medium-high heat. Stir in ½ cup flour, salt, cayenne, and cumin, and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until thickened; remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks until thick and light in color. Gradually add small amounts of thickened milk mixture into thick egg yolks stirring constantly, until incorporated. Set aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold egg whites into beaten egg yolks.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking pan, making sure to spread evenly. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 28 minutes or, until puffed and lightly browned. Immediately turn out on a clean kitchen towel, remove parchment paper and let cool for a few minutes.
Chicken Salad Filling
1. In a medium saucepan, add chicken breast and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and poach until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 18 minutes.
2. Drain water; place chicken in refrigerator until completely cooled.
3. Chop cooled chicken in small pieces.
4. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine all chicken salad ingredients.
Cilantro Cream Sauce
1. Combine Cilantro Cream Sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
1. Microwave the chicken filling until warm and spread evenly over the soufflé. Roll in a jelly roll fashion enclosing the chicken salad filling. Place on a serving platter seam side down.
2. Slice into 12 equal pieces, and drizzle with cream sauce and serve.