Chicken Frederico, Italian comfort food at its best! A delicious roasted chicken accented by the piquant addition of peppers, onions and fragrant tarragon, makes this a go-to dish you'll enjoy all year long.
|Author: Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jr.|
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
- 1/4 cup butter, salted
- 1 Whole fresh, neverfrozen chicken
- 6 Jasper's Italian Sausage Links
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 green or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Pinot Grigio
- 28 ounces Italian Tomatoes
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, tarragon, rosemary, thyme
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash chicken and cut into legs, thighs, breasts and wings.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Heat Plugra butter in a 4 qt braising pot, add chicken and sausage and brown for 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Place chicken, onions, peppers and remaining ingredients - except potatoes and peas - into a large baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and peas and bake another 30 minutes.