Catfish Pecan Meunière
Try this catfish dish made with fresh seasonings, pecans, and rich Plugrá butter sauce.
|Author: Adapted from "Louisiana Real and Rustic" by Emeril Lagasse|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 30 minutes|
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 catfish or trout fillets (about 6 to 6-1/2 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rustic Rub
- 8 tablespoons Paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2/12 tablespoons dried thyme
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with 2 t of the Rustic Rub.
- In another bowl, blend eggs and milk together. Season fish with remaining 2 t Rustic Rub.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge fish fillets in the flour, coating evenly. Dip the fillets in egg mixture and dredge again in flour.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, lay the fillets in the skillet. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to warm platter. Discard any remaining oil and wipe skillet clean.
- Over medium-high heat, melt 2 T butter. When the butter foams, add the pecans and stir constantly for about 1-1/2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Add parsley, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cream.
- Stir with a whisk for about 15 seconds and remove from heat. Add the salt, cayenne, and remaining 6 T butter, broken into small chips, and stir until butter melts completely.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets and serve.
NotesRustic Rub: combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Yield: 2 cups.
View All Recipes