Buttery Coffee Cake
This Buttery Coffee Cake from The Seaside Baker is ideal with a cup of coffee at breakfast or as an after dinner dessert.
|Author: The Seaside Baker|
|Prep time: 15 minutes|
|Cooking time: 50 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes|
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In in a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- To make the topping, combine the last four ingredients: flour, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until small clumps form.
- Sprinkle topping over the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.