Serve these easy-to-make scones, made with creamy Plugrá butter, at your next brunch.
|Author: Greg Mistell, President, Neighborhood Baking Company, Portland|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 30 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes|
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, cold
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and mix into the flour using hands until the flour is coated with it and the mixture resembles streusel topping. Set aside.
- Mix together the eggs and milk. Add to the flour mixture and stir until the mix comes together.
- Knead gently 2 or 3 times and form into a 9" circle (use a cake pan to measure width).
- Cut like a pie into 8 pieces and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Gently brush a beaten egg over the surface.
- Sprinkle the top lightly with raw sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.