Bugaboo Bakery Lemon Bars
Bugaboo Bakery Lemon Bars taste even better if allowed to chill overnight in the fridge, but ll we'll understand if you can't resist trying them after baking.
|Author: Michelle Dargen|
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
|Cooking time: 1 hour|
|Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes|
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup Baker's sugar
- 6 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Zest of 2-3 lemons
- 6 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 pound Butter, unsalted, soften
- Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, add melted Plugrá butter and mix until combined.
- Spread on baking sheet, breaking into small pieces.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Break into the size pieces you need. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs, baker's sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Hold until ready to use.
- Combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter. Press the mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top will filling mixture. Bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove bars from oven and sprinkle with streusel. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove bars from oven, set on a cooling rack, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, let cool completely.