These Briagdieros, made with chocolate, jimmies, and creamy Plugrá butter are a great party snack. They are one of the most famous Brazilian sweet treats.
|Author: Reuel J. Smith|
|Prep time: 45 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
|Total time: 1 hour|
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate jimmies or sweetened cocoa powder as needed to coat each piece
- In a heavy saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 240°F or it falls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat, cool slightly, and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour onto a lightly greased, clean pan and cool completely.
- Form into small balls (about 1 inch), then roll in "jimmies" or cocoa powder. Place in a paper or foil bonbon cup.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time.